SENSE OF CLIENTELE
PAST AND CURRENT
Current individual clients include:
- CEO of a public, highly visible, Fortune 500 service company with facilities in dozens of countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Though a first-time CEO, he has already made significant contributions to the quality and performance of the management team, made structural cost reductions, is changing a dysfunctional culture for the better and transitioning the company to be truly global. He has also developed as a leader in his interactions with his direct reports and his board. He has come to be seen as in it for the long term and a force for transformation. My work with his board and with direct reports provides me a view of the world not limited to his own.
- CEO of a private equity owned held $1.5 Bn agricultural equipment company with operations in China as well as U.S. Midwest. Another first-time CEO, he has made dramatic changes in cost structure, senior team and operating performance. He has also made great progress in his time choices, his delegation to and interactions with his senior team and the respect with which his board views his contributions to a major turnaround and to professionalizing of the organization.
- Senior partner of a consultancy with more than 1000 people in the practice; selected direct reports are also clients. He has already led major changes in culture, financial discipline, sales pro-activity and agenda-setting engagements with the most senior clients. A largely intuitive leader with exceptional powers of listening, observation and example setting, he has also become more “plan-ful” without becoming bureaucratic.
- CEO of high-tech start-up in Palo Alto, serial entrepreneur with game-changer software
- CEO of health care services provider to nursing homes with new technology being proven out and sales growing rapidly approaching $200 mm by acquisition and organic growth
Past individual clients have included:
- Successive CEOs of a public, Midwestern, $3Bn B2B during major transformation from product to service company and proliferation of LOBs, resulting major increase in market to book ratio and stock price.
- CEO of major electric utility (public company) during transformation from complacent monopoly to competitive entity with new social contract with the workforce.
- CEO and entire senior team of major film and television production company, Division CEO of major network and Division CEO of work-for-hire, globally renowned computer graphics firm